Agora Blockchain Solutions

Agora Blockchain Solutions is happy to announce our campaign for the second round os ANO selections. Our team is believers that the Factom protocol can be the backbone of the next digital age. We are happy to answer any questions you may have regarding our submission.

Niels Klomp

BI Foundation
Core Committee
Governance Working Group
Welcome and thank you for applying. Questions will be asked next few days. Please check back often and reply as promptly as possible.
The public answers to the questions in the form are attached

Attachments

https://www.agora.vote/

Agora is an established blockchain company with a solution on market.

How do you plan to handle the trademark?
Thanks for the question.

We currently have filed for the trademark "Agora Blockchain Solutions" within France through the INPI Administration.

As for branding in general, building the brand of Agora Blockchain Solutions is not our focus and will primarily serve as an identity for our ANO. As such, we will work with professional agencies to establish proper branding for our products. There are many services, tools, and otherwise using the word agora. There is more than one use of it within blockchain alone. We intend to use the phrase agora as the backbone of our dev team and ANO based on the characteristics of the agoras in Ancient Greek cities. Our initial solution is a hub for markets, and we believe we can build several products based on the principles established in agoras and to some extent, agorism.

Matt Osborne

Go Immutable
Exchange Working Group
Legal Working Group
Hi Agora,
Thanks for applying! Could you break out:
1. What pledges you are making to grow the protocol via grants (if any)?
2. What pledges you are making to grow the protocol in general (via ANO payouts or simply by time/resource dedication)?

Thanks,
Matt

Hi Agora,
Thanks for applying! Could you break out:
1. What pledges you are making to grow the protocol via grants (if any)?
2. What pledges you are making to grow the protocol in general (via ANO payouts or simply by time/resource dedication)?

Thanks,
Matt
Hey Matt,

To gain more details you can check out page 11 and 12 of the above-linked PDF. To break it down we plan to do several things:
  • Our commitment is to utilize the Factom protocol in real-world solutions, and when properly applicable, create related open source tools in which others can use to build their own Factom-based solutions.
  • Build a gig economy platform in which we will allow ANOs and registered Factom applications to pay for services without platform fees.
  • Open up our APIs and portions of our source code to collaborate with other ANOs and community members on ideas such as bug bounty, market funnels, social engagements, etc. that can exist on the platform (again free of charge to Factom users).
  • EDIT: We have white label opportunities and vertical partners who will be using the Factom public chain via our solutions.
  • Team members of Agora Blockchain Solutions commit to being part of the governance and committee discussions. I currently serve as our Deputy Managing Director will be the communication point of Agora Blockchain Solutions and will leverage the voicings of Guillaume Evrat and Mathieu Floch as needed, given the native language barrier. I myself have applied to be part of the Marketing Committee.
  • In every solution built by Agora Blockchain Solutions, there will be an education and marketing piece to expand the protocol.
    • One example is creating a “Why Factom” section on their websites to educate users on why Factom is utilized for this solution and the power it can offer in other solutions.
    • Another example is using the Factom protocol logo in the footer along with the phrase “powered by” to always showcase the Factom logo on any page developed by Agora Blockchain Solutions. This phrase will also be included in any marketing effort they make through Adsense, targeted-email, podcast, speaking opportunity, or otherwise that Agora Blockchain Solutions participates in.
  • The co-founding members also agree to help advise projects that are utilizing the Factom protocol. The founding team has extensive technical, financial, PR and marketing experience. Some of our team members have already been asked to meet with existing ANOs to discuss their work as of publishing the above documentation.
  • We initially are pledging 25% efficiency and will move to 40% once we complete the transfer of our first project.

At the present moment, we do not plan to request funding from the grant program. Once we onboard more staff we will reconsider the use of the grant program as we see needs.

Last edited:

Matt Osborne

Go Immutable
Exchange Working Group
Legal Working Group
Thanks for the writeup @Schwager. For the record, I asked every ANO this quesiton because I know current ANOs will not have the time to read through all the PDFs. Thank you :)

A few followups:
1. Did you have relationships with any other current ANOs prior to getting involved with the Factom Protocol? I see Guillaume was helping HashnStore (which is a "plus" in my book).

2. You mention one team member being able to "administer the nodes" and two capable of operating servers. Do you feel this is sufficient to provide 24/7 support?

3. Regarding the Gig economy project, how will create liquidity (both finding people looking for services and people offering services)?

4. Regarding the Gig economy project, how will you compete with companies like UpWork and Fiverr? Stealing marketshare will most likely be a big challenge.

5. The Origin blockchain project has raised upwards of $35 million to be the backbone of the decentralized Gig economy (among other use cases). They have raised money from funds such as Blocktower Capital and FBG. How do you plan to compete with them?

6. How do you plan to fund this project? Is it solely funded via FCT sales (sorry, I may have missed this part in your PDF)?

7. As of this writing, only one ANO is set to 25% efficiency. Could you explain how you arrived at 25%?

Thanks for the detailed PDF, I appreciate it!

Thanks for the writeup @Schwager. For the record, I asked every ANO this quesiton because I know current ANOs will not have the time to read through all the PDFs. Thank you :)

A few followups:
1. Did you have relationships with any other current ANOs prior to getting involved with the Factom Protocol? I see Guillaume was helping HashnStore (which is a "plus" in my book).

2. You mention one team member being able to "administer the nodes" and two capable of operating servers. Do you feel this is sufficient to provide 24/7 support?

3. Regarding the Gig economy project, how will create liquidity (both finding people looking for services and people offering services)?

4. Regarding the Gig economy project, how will you compete with companies like UpWork and Fiverr? Stealing marketshare will most likely be a big challenge.

5. The Origin blockchain project has raised upwards of $35 million to be the backbone of the decentralized Gig economy (among other use cases). They have raised money from funds such as Blocktower Capital and FBG. How do you plan to compete with them?

6. How do you plan to fund this project? Is it solely funded via FCT sales (sorry, I may have missed this part in your PDF)?

7. As of this writing, only one ANO is set to 25% efficiency. Could you explain how you arrived at 25%?

Thanks for the detailed PDF, I appreciate it!

1. Yes, our primary relationship was through HashNStore. Every team member has a close relationship with that Authority Node in some fashion. Guillaume has no access to the private keys or stake in HashNStore so moving forward that relationship should largely be seen as a plus compared to a liability.

I have personally been a part of a group consisting of members in Go Immutable, DBGrow, and Blockparty related to marketing efforts, so there is some form of relationship there as well.

2. Yes, seeing as one is in EU and the other in NA (currently on call every night) our ability to manage server tasks is 24/7. We are also are well incorporated in the tech and extending blockchain field. If we think that another hand is needed in a crunch, or when someone is unavailable for some time, we have a network of existing resources we can leverage from our previous endeavors. Guillaume has previously maintained an Authority Node so he knows the amount of work that is necessary and conducted that the two of us could comfortably operate and maintain the node based on previous experiences.

3. With the gig economy, there is no shortage of supply offering services. Any gig economy that has demand will find an abundance of service suppliers. We already have a channel partner in Sidy who will be onboarding several thousand artisans to our platform and 20 clients looking to access those artisans. We plan to work closely with other verticals that have shown interest in our product regarding legal and construction. For more general markets (that may not require accreditation or certifications) we hope that the Factom community entity has interest in posting jobs for graphic design, software development, animation, and so on. When we show we have demand for services it is easy to find the supply. Alongside this, we plan to approach several companies, organizations, and entrepreneurs that routinely rely on gig economies (like Fiverr, UpWork, etc.) for their businesses and offer them discounts on services rendered to them to transfer platforms.

4. Our most significant selling point will be vertical integration via Sidy. Sidy will allow us to leverage their integrations in white label solutions and expand our ability to create new vertical markets. When our Platforms PoC (including Sidys integration) is completed, we have pending parties interested in testing such a platform in new verticals.

5. Many of the advantages of blockchain built gig economies are shared with Origin. Our scope is broader than Origins, that look to directly compete with Fiverr and Upwork service for service. The general market is our secondary offering to our vertical integrations with partners such as Sidy. By integrating gig economies directly into CRM and office management solutions, we believe we create a competitive advantage over Origin in acquiring market share. Our initial goal is to scale the product and develop tools that can benefit the Factom Ecosystem, as such, initial profit is not our goal, and we can reduce fees to attract demand.

6. From our PDF the last 3 pages will give you the most concrete break down of how we plan to finance our project. Team resources and Sidys own financing will do the bulk of our initial development work. We are technical partners integrating Factom for their solution in which we can jointly white label and expand the Factom protocol. As such, our expenses are related mainly to server fees. In our distribution, you will see that the majority of FCT will go to developing the protocol but we do not plan to spend the distributed pool monthly, rather plan to grow that pool over the course of the first 6-12 months in an attempt to have the necessary war chest to hire additional talent as we develop the APIs and tools necessary for Sidys integration with Factom.

Given that it is the founding teams time is carrying the initial workload, and we as individuals are established, we do not expect a substantial sell-off of the distributed FCT in the immediate future. As the valuation of FCT rises, we will rely more on the use of FCT expenditure to fund the growth of the platform and future projects. We have full faith that Factom will be a multi-billion protocol leaving more than ample liquidity and funds to build the protocol in the foreseeable future. We are in this for the long haul.

7. We have talked with multiple ANOs and guides who thought the use of efficiency could be lower than average. We have little intention to utilize the grant funds until we onboard more developers and as such found it best suited to leverage the efficiency to meet any potential financial burdens stressed on the server fees and future development costs. As we are building a full platform and marketplace we expect future FCT use to be high compared to higher efficiency nodes.

Matt Osborne

Go Immutable
Exchange Working Group
Legal Working Group
Thanks @Schwager

1. When was Sidy founded?

2. I seem to be having a hard time finding Sidy's website, even when I use Google.fr. Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks

Thanks @Schwager

1. When was Sidy founded?

2. I seem to be having a hard time finding Sidy's website, even when I use Google.fr. Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks
1. Sidy was founded in January of 2018. Sidy is currently working with 20 clients leading into their private beta.

2. http://www.sidy.fr/ here you can see testimonials and some of their publicly available partners.

Julian Fletcher-Taylor

DBGrow
Exchange Working Group
Legal Working Group
Thank you for applying. A few questions I am asking all applicants,
  1. How many person-hours per week do you expect your team to devote to this ecosystem?
  2. How will these hours be distributed among your members?
  3. How will this be distributed among your ANO activities (open source project dev, proprietary project dev, protocol level technical involvement, governance involvement, marketing/promotion … )?
  4. Can you give a list of demonstrable metrics that the community could use say 6 months or a year from now if you are selected in this application to evaluate your ANO?

Xavier Chen

LayerTech
1. In the application, you mentioned one member will be full time and rest part time until it financially makes sense. Who's the individual who'll working full time?

2. Sounds like your partnership with Sidy means the initial entry into gig economy is very much domestically focused on the French market. (Not a bad thing since French labor law encourages gig economy) Do you think different strategies are needed to expand beyond France?

Thank you for applying. A few questions I am asking all applicants,
  1. How many person-hours per week do you expect your team to devote to this ecosystem?
  2. How will these hours be distributed among your members?
  3. How will this be distributed among your ANO activities (open source project dev, proprietary project dev, protocol level technical involvement, governance involvement, marketing/promotion … )?
  4. Can you give a list of demonstrable metrics that the community could use say 6 months or a year from now if you are selected in this application to evaluate your ANO?
  1. In total, we will average between 90 and 100 hours a week in a combined effort.

2. We are not people to work regular 9-5s and haven’t for a while. In that regard, Guillaume Evrat will be working full time (50+ hours) on maintaining the server and being the Chairman of the ANO. His role includes being the lead dev working initially on the integrations between the gig economy platform and Sidy using Factom.

Mathieu will be the next most involved growing the gig economy and working between 20-30 hours a week. He is the acting CEO of Sidy and has a vested interest in both parties success. He will also play an active role in converting additional companies, organizations, and so on, to use the protocol for their projects through his existing network.

I will be working the least and will be contributing 10-20 hours. My goal is to primarily interact with the governance and committees of Factom while helping play a considerable role guiding the gig economy. Outside of that time I also serve as an executive advisor for Sidy. My time commitment to both parties (ANO and Sidy) is as flexible as it needs to be. I am prone to work all night as it is.

3. If we had a breakdown, it would be something similar to 30% open source development, 40% proprietary, 5% protocol level enhancements, 10% governance, 15% marketing/promotion. Our goal is to leverage as much as we can through open source tools and services regarding building on top of the proprietary platform and general tools we will develop along the way that helps us create the platform.

We value the gig economy and have all faith it will thrive, but at the end of the day, the ANO is about growing the protocol more than it is doing business. We designed our ANO model to be server first, protocol adoption second, and profit through these solutions third. This is why we went with vertical gig economies as it allows us to leverage the teams of our partners more than expending FCT to onboard devs and marketing resources to compete directly with Fiverr from day one. Our goal is to build solutions that make sense for the broader market and meet the needs of the ecosystem.

4. Q4 of 2019 is when we plan to finish the core development of the platform. At that time we would have released the integration with Sidy. EC burn on behalf of Sidy, and future partners are something we can disclose to be measurable to the broader ecosystem. We also can reveal the number of parties using the platform and if they have gone on to leverage Factom in any other meaningful ways (we presume they will be based on our conversations with them).

Regarding general ANO duties, you can always judge us by our ability to facilitate our role in the governance model and network stability. There are publicly available logs of ANO monthly meeting, committee meetings, and an easy way to see how active we are in helping the Discord. You also can check our uptime and server efficiency, we can publish twitter bots, discord bots, and website ticker to broadcast that information live. Unfortunately, a year is not long enough for us to get the full platform in production on top of building the vertical integrations that are projected to finish in Q3 of 2019.

Last edited:
1. In the application, you mentioned one member will be full time and rest part time until it financially makes sense. Who's the individual who'll working full time?

2. Sounds like your partnership with Sidy means the initial entry into gig economy is very much domestically focused on the French market. (Not a bad thing since French labor law encourages gig economy) Do you think different strategies are needed to expand beyond France?
  1. Guillaume Evrat will be working full time on the project. He still has to finish out his agreed upon service time at BNP PARIBAS, working on their blockchain developments, but will be full time by the time our node is onboarded.

2. You are right, the first partnership for our gig economy ecosystem is mostly focused in France. More than domestically concentrated on the French market, and they are focused on a niche market ( facilities companies & artisan ). The French labor laws, and more precisely EU labor laws, encourage gig economy and the free market in EU making expansion into surrounding areas much more accessible. Agora Blockchain Solutions plans to build a “base” with Sidy by understanding their niche to create flexible APIs and platform tools to onboard additional industries. We believe this path to adoption is not only easier but meets the present needs of the market in a significant way.

Expanding the gig economy platform cross borders is more than straightforward, where there is demand there will be supply in that regard. For Sidy to grow, they will need to sign additional partners and adapt their business model to meet the regulations placed by these new regions into their business model. Sidy should have a rather significant update in the coming weeks that should show the traction they are receiving and have already begun formally looking for investors/partners who could facilitate the transition to other regions smoothly.

Thanks for your application. I have a question regarding the "Connection Down" section of your application:

"If there is a missed connection breakdown, a program will be set that ping the servers every one minute to see if the connection is up or down. If one of the main servers is down, Agora will act accordingly to Brain-Transfer the Authority Identity from the defective server onto the backup server, to ensure continuous and smooth Authority Server operation." (emphasis mine)

Can you elaborate on how you envision this would work? Brain transfers require two running nodes because you have to set the activation height several blocks in the future.

Thanks for your application. I have a question regarding the "Connection Down" section of your application:

"If there is a missed connection breakdown, a program will be set that ping the servers every one minute to see if the connection is up or down. If one of the main servers is down, Agora will act accordingly to Brain-Transfer the Authority Identity from the defective server onto the backup server, to ensure continuous and smooth Authority Server operation." (emphasis mine)

Can you elaborate on how you envision this would work? Brain transfers require two running nodes because you have to set the activation height several blocks in the future.
Our backup server will always be up-to-date as it will run continuously as a follower node. Moreover, for a smooth brain swap, the backup will always contain the same factomd.conf as our federated server, but with no activation height. In case of a predicted brain-swap, we will set up the activation height at “current block height + 4” on the follower node. In case of an unpredicted brain-swap, as soon as the failure is reported on our monitoring system we will set the activation height of the backup server at “current block height + 4” achieving the fastest brain-swap. Then after a small stall, our federated server will be back on the network via the backup server.

Niels Klomp

BI Foundation
Core Committee
Governance Working Group
More question will come later from me, but explain me these questions please:

- What does ping (icmp) have to do with a TCP probe?
- An activation height of +4 is most of the time slower then just putting in the config and restarting the node.
- How are you going to mitigate the results of for instance an temp network connectivity issue from the original auth node? If it would somehow come back online boths nodes would commit suicide.
- Do you believe it a good idea with current state of the software and network to have this fully automated?

More question will come later from me, but explain me these questions please:

- What does ping (icmp) have to do with a TCP probe?
- An activation height of +4 is most of the time slower then just putting in the config and restarting the node.
- How are you going to mitigate the results of for instance an temp network connectivity issue from the original auth node? If it would somehow come back online boths nodes would commit suicide.
- Do you believe it a good idea with current state of the software and network to have this fully automated?
-There will be two checks. We first check through check_mk (our monitoring module) that is checking TCP probe. This will warn us in case of failure. At the same time, we will have a check through a ping test to check the reachability of our servers. Mixing both solutions/protocol adds an extra layer of security.

-The activation height is purely set as per documentation on brain-swap page. In case of failure, this is not a basic brain-swap like we would undergo for an update. In the case of basic brain-swap, we set the activation height three blocks later. Guillaume Evrat hasn't encountered a problem of failure that needed the emergency brain swap before (did brain swap for update only), thus we plan to make tests as soon as we are approved to check the types of configuration and chose the fastest solution. But indeed, if this works correctly, putting the config file and restarting the node on the same height as failure will be the fastest solution.

-If we issue a brain swap from the federated node to the follower node, we will immediately comment lines on factomd.conf to the old federated node. As soon as the backup server becomes the federated node we will investigate what caused the failure on the main server. As soon as we resolve the problem on the main server we will make another brain-swap to make the main server the federated server once again.

-We do think that the network is not mature enough to set fully automated nodes. There will be updates to the factomd, some stalls with the docker swarm and thus having brain swap automated could happen too often. In our eyes, having someone responsible for investigating if we would rather relaunch docker or do a brain-swap is more appropriate at this current time. But I do think that in the future when the network is more stable, we could think about automated brain swaps.

Out of curiousity, have you seen payperblock.com?

How does your envisaged gig economy platform match up against theirs?
Hey Bobby,

I was unaware of Payperblock until your post. However, several parties are looking to build blockchain solutions for gig economies as they provide much-needed solutions. Our answer for how we differ is similar to statements we have made earlier in this thread; we are the only one looking for vertical integrations. Payperblock is looking to attack a niche market, in blockchain developers, in an attempt to grow into something that can compete directly with Fiverr through ICO raises. Our goal is to integrate directly into CRM and office management solutions allowing companies to gain access to a solution that offers standardized data inputs, secured data sharing, easy workflows, few human resource expenses, automated and auditable transactions, and effortlessly reviewed cases in situations of settlement.

We are creating a more generalized gig economy platform that blockchain developers, graphic designers, animators, lawn services, etc. can access and post their services. However, our way to capture the market is by working with accredited and certified gig economies and integrate them directly into the solutions their potential employers would want to use. We need that base product to build the more sophisticated solutions, and thus, we plan to grow both alongside each other. The vertical model is mainly captured by leveraging vertical driven businesses to do the heavy lifting for establishing their market sector in exchange for transaction fees, discounts, and easier access to talent. The first vertical we are tackling is the artisan market.

Niels Klomp

BI Foundation
Core Committee
Governance Working Group
NK01)
Blockchain Solutions exclusively builds solutions that utilize the Factom protocol and are dedicated to broadening the scope in which the general public interacts and derives values from the protocol.

Is the Factom exclusivity a hard promise?

NK02)
You are talking several times about multiple offices in Paris, could you elaborate on these claims since you are a startup of 3 people? Why the need for multiple offices in the same capital?

2 questions about one of your team members background:
NK03)
Prior to working full time on Sidy, he spent 4 years as a head of finance at BNPPARIBAS specifically working as a Financial Analyst in regulatory and financial reporting.

Could you elaborate on how many people you were managing as head of finance? Your LinkedIn profile lists you as financial analyst for 4 years after a junior position and doesn’t mention the above for instance.

NK04)
Later in the document you state:
Guillaume Evrat will reduce his current work at BNP to handle the server task with the purpose of quitting his job to work full time on the Factom protocol and building the gig economy.

Could you elaborate on that fact that above you claim to be working fulltime on Sidy, yet your LinkedIn profile and this claim still lists you as working for BNP Paribas? At what state do we have view Sidy then? How much hours are being dedicated to that and how do you manage to dedicate enough hours to 2 businesses and BNP Paribas?

NK05)
In TCP/UDP connection Agora will only allow access to the port useful by the nodes. This will automatically block IPs that may be spamming the network. Finally, for such firewall to function, there will exist a need to modify docker config files.

Could you elaborate more on the above in technical terms? What do you mean with spamming the network for instance. What changes are needed to docker files?

NK06)
The company will sell the chips via its own account on trading platforms supporting the Factom project such as Kraken, and Bittrex.
Could you elaborate how you are selling FCT on Kraken?

NK07)
With one of your team members background in finance and Agora being a startup. Do you believe converting 20% to fiat to hedge against the crypto currency volatility to be enough? FCT has gone from 30 dollars to almost 5 dollars in a timespan of several months for instance.

NK08)
For this solution Agora Blockchain Solutions SAS will initially allocate to the Grant Pool 25 % of the Factoids it receives expanding to 40% in preparation of ownership transfer of the gig economy to the new entity and design Agora’s second solution.
Am I reading this right as the 40% will be in 2022 if everything works out according to the schedule you laid out earlier in the document?

NK09)
The firm will not exceed the threshold of 38,120 € of profits, and position itself around a taxation of 15% maximum.

Is this still the case if FCT would go up to for instance 25 dollar again?

NK10)
Could you explain why platform development drops to 0% in 2021?

NK11)
Could you explain the 40% grant column? Is that grants from the factom grantpool? If yes, can you do the math for me what that would entail with your 25% efficiency? Is there a relationship to FCT price somewhere?

NK12)
Could you explain the Factom EC column? I see it as Entry Credits burned by the platform. Is that a correct assumption?

NK13)
We have talked with multiple ANOs and guides who thought the use of efficiency could be lower than average.
Could you list the number of ANOs and guides you talked to about this?

NK01)

Is the Factom exclusivity a hard promise?

NK02)
You are talking several times about multiple offices in Paris, could you elaborate on these claims since you are a startup of 3 people? Why the need for multiple offices in the same capital?

2 questions about one of your team members background:
NK03)

Could you elaborate on how many people you were managing as head of finance? Your LinkedIn profile lists you as financial analyst for 4 years after a junior position and doesn’t mention the above for instance.

NK04)
Later in the document you state:

Could you elaborate on that fact that above you claim to be working fulltime on Sidy, yet your LinkedIn profile and this claim still lists you as working for BNP Paribas? At what state do we have view Sidy then? How much hours are being dedicated to that and how do you manage to dedicate enough hours to 2 businesses and BNP Paribas?

NK05)

Could you elaborate more on the above in technical terms? What do you mean with spamming the network for instance. What changes are needed to docker files?

NK06)

Could you elaborate how you are selling FCT on Kraken?

NK07)
With one of your team members background in finance and Agora being a startup. Do you believe converting 20% to fiat to hedge against the crypto currency volatility to be enough? FCT has gone from 30 dollars to almost 5 dollars in a timespan of several months for instance.

NK08)

Am I reading this right as the 40% will be in 2022 if everything works out according to the schedule you laid out earlier in the document?

NK09)

Is this still the case if FCT would go up to for instance 25 dollar again?

NK10)
Could you explain why platform development drops to 0% in 2021?

NK11)
Could you explain the 40% grant column? Is that grants from the factom grantpool? If yes, can you do the math for me what that would entail with your 25% efficiency? Is there a relationship to FCT price somewhere?

NK12)
Could you explain the Factom EC column? I see it as Entry Credits burned by the platform. Is that a correct assumption?

NK13)

Could you list the number of ANOs and guides you talked to about this?

1) Yes, no applications will be made in the name of Agora that utilizes public blockchains other than Factom and the blockchains that Factom is actually anchoring the data into.

2) Currently, we will have one office, the verbiage used in the legal status is just inclusive to expansion and not a representation of the current situation. Our headquarters will be in France unless the legal status changes significantly.

3) The term “heads of finance” is the description given to the group in which Mathieu served under. He was not the CFO. During his time at BNPPARIBAS he managed a team of 3 directly reporting to him.

4) Well, Sidy and Agora are two separate things. Guillaume will be working full time for Agora, part of which will be building the integrations between Sidy and Agora. Upon ANO onboarding, Guillaume Evrat will have assumed full time at Agora.

5) On each server, we will set up a firewall based on the IP rules provided by the documentation from the factom repositories for the authority nodes. We then plan to use "ufw/uncomplicated firewall" which is a well-known software to manage firewall rules on Linux based system.
Our firewall will block all TCP/UDP connections from all addresses on all the ports except for the one we explicitly specify; ssh, monitoring server, ips specified by Factom, control panel. With that, we will prevent our servers from being attacked by unrecognized addresses and from being spammed. Hence, this results in a better uptime for our servers and hence the network.

Finally to install such software we will need to add extra changes to docker files configuration. Indeed docker usually uses iptables for its built-in firewall. For that purpose, if we want docker to follow our ufw rules we need to edit docker service with:

sudo systemctl edit docker.service

And append:

--iptables="false"

With that, docker images will follow the rules of our firewall. We chose this option because this allows us to have a unique firewall for the whole server and not one for docker and one for other application (ssh, monitoring...). Moreover, this allows blocking every other connection. Finally, a bash script will be created to manage this firewall. In case of failure, this will allow the firewall to be set up with only one command.

6) Selling the tokens isn’t just selling FCT. We plan to hedge ourselves in multiple currencies. We will prioritize OTC (with full transparent documentation) selling in order to not “influence the price market”. If we have to sell FCT, we will start to sell through Bittrex, and send the BTC amount in Kraken in order to separate these funds into multiple currencies. These funds will be used to hedge ourselves against a drastic shift in FCT for a short period of time and give us a full preservation of our ANO running.

7) Collecting 20% could appear “light” if u think short term, or it could appear “heavy” if u want to speculate long term. We are making this “security fund” in order to preserve the long-term operation of the servers regardless of FCT pricing.

8) Yes

9) Yes, France only assumes profit if the resource is turned into fiat. It is easy to ensure the profit margin when holding FCT is not a taxable event.

10) We do not plan to fund the platform with FCT provided by being an ANO forever. We will begin creating new solutions after the Gig Economy Platform is completed and transferred to a new entity. This is done so they can leverage equity to meet their needs without providing equity in the ANO itself.

11) We will initially allocate to the Grant Pool 25 % of the Factoids we receive expanding to 40% in preparation of ownership transfer of the gig economy to the new entity and design Agora’s second solution.

12) No, this is FCT set aside to be a pool of potential EC for the platform to use over until it is profitable. This initial amount should cover the necessary EC usage for several additional years.

13) I have talked with one guide and two members of ANOs about the efficiency.

Tor Paulsen

The Factoid Authority
Hi and thanks for applying!

The testnet report we got states that you are not currently operating in the testnet authority set.

In your application you described that you have been on the testnet since April.

Quint1)
Can you describe your testnet presence since then, and maybe give some insight to why you have not participated in the testnet authority set?

Also;
Quint2)
What is the minimum FCT value you can operate your servers at with the pledged efficiency and network design?

Edit:
In your supporting document (page 33) you post a table with timelines of development until 2021 (and you also mention that one of your team members will be working 100% with sysadmin duties).

Quint3)
How does a fluctuating FCT-price influence this table and setup? I believe the FCT-price was $20 when you submitted the application. How does this play out at $4-5?

Last edited:
Hi and thanks for applying!

The testnet report we got states that you are not currently operating in the testnet authority set.

In your application you described that you have been on the testnet since April.

Quint1)
Can you describe your testnet presence since then, and maybe give some insight to why you have not participated in the testnet authority set?

Also;
Quint2)
What is the minimum FCT value you can operate your servers at with the pledged efficiency and network design?

Edit:
In your supporting document (page 33) you post a table with timelines of development until 2021 (and you also mention that one of your team members will be working 100% with sysadmin duties).

Quint3)
How does a fluctuating FCT-price influence this table and setup? I believe the FCT-price was $20 when you submitted the application. How does this play out at $4-5?

Q1) There hasn't been a testnet in the name of Agora. However, Guillaume has been apart of the HashNStore node since prior to their acceptance. He helped set up, run, and maintain their entire server stack, including the two testnet nodes.

Q2) We can support the framework down to $0.7. This figure is us forgoing many of the things we would like to afford (such as a salary). We currently operate under a budget that assumes a minimum FCT price of $4.15.

Q3) Same thing, it is designed to cover initial buckets of expenses first. Our team's personal funding allows us to assume the worst and adapt for it. This means that as long as FCT is above our minimum ($0.70) we can still function. All the percentages in the table are done assuming the prior pool is paid for.