Successful [Factomize-8] ANO Promotion / Demotion System

Was this grant successful?

Have not voted

Authority Nodes BlockVenture DBGrow DBGrow Factom Inc. Factom Inc. HashnStore HashnStore HashQuark

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chappie

Factomize Bot
This is your grant tracking thread. Below, you will find information from your original grant.

Grant Proposal
https://factomize.com/forums/threads/factomize-8-ano-promotion-demotion-system.2503/

ANO / Committee
Group: Factomize
FCT address: FA3nsSjUy5uSkqMEug8t3VcehZn5w2ciSMpgqFEEsMRwMrHoa9k3
FCT: 12069

Total FCT Requested

Start Date
2019-12-01

Completion Date
2020-02-29

Success Criteria
Design, develop, and deploy an ANO Promotion / Demotion System within 3 months.

Timelines and Milestones
Milestone 1 - Deploy ANO Promotion / Demotion System to test forum by February 1st.
Milestone 2 - Deploy ANO Promotion / Demotion System to live forum by February 29th.

Budget
Factomize lowered its efficiency from 40% to 10% from August 2nd, 2019 to October 25th, 2019 to fund an update to the Automated Grant System and the initial design work for the ANO Promotion / Demotion System. $620 was left over from that work. In addition, we will be paying Factoshi 40 FCT to provide an API endpoint needed for this system. As such, the budget is:

$32,000 - $620 = $31,380.

$31,380 / $2.60 (Assume FCT Price) = 12,069 FCT.

12,552 FCT + 40 FCT for Factoshi = 12,029 FCT.

Which developer/s are working on this? Is it considered a FTE position for 3 months? So essentially on par with 480 hours of work done?

Additionally interested if the development work funded by the community will be open sourced upon completion or will it remain the proprietary property of Factomize that they may try to sell back to the community down the track?

Thanks.

Last edited:

David Chapman

Factomize
Which developer/s are working on this? Is it considered a FTE position for 3 months? So essentially on par with 480 hours of work done?

Additionally interested if the development work funded by the community will be open sourced upon completion or will it remain the proprietary property of Factomize that they may try to sell back to the community down the track?

Thanks.
Development will be done by Fillip H (Belazor) who did the Automated Grant System.

Design and test administration will be done by me. I expect that we will combined clock in more than 480 hours.

Licensing wasn't discussed during the grant round and that's probably something that should happen in future rounds. If the community were to purchase this forum, we would not include this system in our calculations. When we offered to sell the forum two grant rounds ago, it was at a price less than what we've invested into it.

This is not an open source project.

Chappie

Factomize Bot
@David Chapman @Factomize

Today is your grant start date! We look forward to regular updates from your team.

When you are ready for the final determination poll, first summarize the grant and self score then go to the thread tools dropdown at the top right and select "Create Final Determination Poll".

David Chapman

Factomize
With the successful deployment of the ANO Standing System, we consider this grant complete. We will of course fix any bugs that pop up and perform minor tweaks to the UI. And we're more than open to improving the system going forward.

We accomplished what we said and thanks to some long hours Belazor put in, we were able to deliver a couple of weeks early.

Factomize will be scoring this grant a 7 as we feel we slightly "overachieved" as we delivered early.

A final thank you to @Alex @Alistair McLeay @Anton Ilzheev @Benjamin Dufty @CryptoLogic @David Kuiper @Flying_Viking @Keith Pincombe @Michael Lam @Mike Buckingham @Nate Miller @Paul Bernier @Samuel Vanderwaal @Tor Paulsen @Valentin Ganev @Julian Fletcher-Taylor for their beta testing. Thank you very much!

Last edited:

Chappie

Factomize Bot
The final determination poll has been created, and will be open for 5 days. Use the following rubrik when scoring:

Exceptional (9.0 - 10.0) - Successful
Overachieved (7.0 - 8.9) - Successful
Achieved (5.0 - 6.9) - Successful
Underachieved (2.0 - 4.9) - Failure
Total Failure (0.0 - 1.9) - Failure

With the successful deployment of the ANO Standing System, we consider this grant complete. We will of course fix any bugs that pop up and perform minor tweaks to the UI. And we're more than open to improving the system going forward.
Really impressed with the turn around of this grant and the result of a user friendly, clear system. Thank you to everyone who worked on this and the beta testers.

Tor Paulsen

The Factoid Authority
I'll go ahead and vote a solid 9 on this grant.

It might not have delivered above and beyond in terms of functionality, but the development process has been impeccable.

The community has been kept in the loop, the beta-testing with rapid improvement cycles was good and the final system looks very slick indeed.

In addition I reached out to David just prior to the system going online and asked for a specific piece of functionality to be added, and he helped out by finding a nice way to implement it almost immediately.

Alistair McLeay

RewardChain
I'll go ahead and vote a solid 9 on this grant.

It might not have delivered above and beyond in terms of functionality, but the development process has been impeccable.

The community has been kept in the loop, the beta-testing with rapid improvement cycles was good and the final system looks very slick indeed.

In addition I reached out to David just prior to the system going online and asked for a specific piece of functionality to be added, and he helped out by finding a nice way to implement it almost immediately.
I'd like to echo this. The quality and speed of implementation has been above and beyond my expectations. Really great job David and team.

Chappie

Factomize Bot
The final determination poll has now closed. The final score is 7.93, with 27 total counted votes. The grant has been determined to be successful.