HashQuark

Standing Parties: Please score this ANO Candidate from 0 - 60

Results will be visible after the poll closes. Your vote is displayed below.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Secured
Factom Community,

HashQuark, previously known as Wancloud, is now applying for the ANO round. Check out here for more details about the services transition from Wancloud to HashQuark.

HashQuark went live on December 5, 2018. Partnered with SlowMist, one of the top security teams in the industry, PlatON, a leading provider in key management service powered by MPC technology, and imToken, one of the world’s largest Ethereum digital asset wallets, HashQuark has state of the art security measures in place to ensure the safety of user assets.

More to the point, HashQuark remains deeply involved in building up a more enabling ecosystem, where we’ve joined multiple public blockchains as one of their (genesis) validators, including Cosmos, IRISnet, IOST, V SYSTEMS, CyberMiles, Cybex, and VeChain.

Here's a brief summary of what we've done/been working on, leveraging Factom capabilities:

1. We adopted Factom capabilities to deliver a blockchain-based, tailor-made solution to one of China’s largest trust companies. With this solution, all the key files and information required for the family trust are encrypted using algorithmic hashing and stored in the Factom blockchain. And since hashing is a one-way function in which a hashed value cannot be reversed to obtain the original input value, the information and files stored in the blockchain can be incorruptible and unalterable. Users simply need to have the available files or information hashed again using the same algorithm to verify that they have not been altered ever.

2. By leveraging Factom capabilities, we worked collaboratively with one of China’s leading insurance company to have its insurance services “meet” with blockchain and smart contracts. With blockchain technologies applied to the company’s insurance services, customer data, which were previously prone to risks, are henceforward stored on and secured by Factom blockchain, resistant to any possible alterations. Plus, the presence of Factom capabilities ensures an improved claims process, where claims are more accurately and thoroughly arrived at.

3. HashQuark worked out a detailed solution for Factom ANO deployment, offering suggestion upon configuration, measures against intrusions, etc. Check it out here.

We're very much looking forward to the ANO application process, thank you!

Secured
Hi HashQuark members. Thx for applying and good to see your established team still around.

I have some first question for you:

NK01
You efficiency is marked at 60%, yet you promise to support the development of the protocol. Your submission shows some software development, but how about governance? Governance is a large part in the Factom ecosystem and requires time and attention. What will you pledge in that regard?

NK02
You have been working in the Asian area obviously. What could you and the rest of the ecosystem do to make sure our presence over there will become even more well known?

NK03
You pledge 4 testnet servers. Could you elaborate on how you came to this number?

(NK04)
You also mentioned developing a Java client. You do know there is a Java client for all factomd/walletd endpoints, including pluggable logging, pluggable json, Java Standard Edition, Java Enterprise Edition, Spring (boot) and Android, offline signing and soon IoT support available right? See https://factomprotocol.org developers section.
Multiple clients is good, but given the state of development of Factom related clients and infra I am not sure whether it wouldn't be best to work together on improving existing clients instead of creating 2 for the same language. Happy to hear your thoughts on that.

Secured
Hello Hashquark people,

One of my main concerns with applicants in your category, namely crypto funds / staking providers, is that you're juggling a lot of different projects. Expectations for being an ANO in Factom far exceed your typical infrastructure node in other cryptocurrency projects, for example, as pointed out by Niels, with regards to active governance.

Moreover, the three staff members you list in your application don't seem to be exclusively appointed to Factom. How do you currently prioritize between your different projects and how would you rank Factom in that regard?

Secured
Thank you for applying to be an ANO! I'll likely have some specific questions later, these are simply questions I am asking all applicants.

1. Will you commit to, if elected, having, at the very least, the executives who will play a role in this ecosystem:
A. Signup for this forum with their username being First Name Last Name
B. Have a personal picture as their avatar.

It's not a requirement that this happen and some won't care but I personally will score those who won't commit to this a little lower and I want to be transparent about that.

2. Will you commit to having a logo created and/or submitted to this area within 30 days of your election (I would provide directions).

3. Will you commit to keeping this area updated for your team (it's easy).

4. Will you commit to providing at least a quarterly update on the progress your team is making in this area.

5. If you haven't already posted them within this thread, please provide the LinkedIn of anyone you mention as part of your team.

Thank you!

Secured
Hi HashQuark members. Thx for applying and good to see your established team still around.

I have some first question for you:

NK01
You efficiency is marked at 60%, yet you promise to support the development of the protocol. Your submission shows some software development, but how about governance? Governance is a large part in the Factom ecosystem and requires time and attention. What will you pledge in that regard?

We’ll send a professional Factom team to participate in the governance of your community.

NK02
You have been working in the Asian area obviously. What could you and the rest of the ecosystem do to make sure our presence over there will become even more well known?

We have, with the deployment of Factom capabilities, been working collaboratively with China’s leading trust company. We’ll also participate in Factom’s activities to make Factom more well known.

NK03
You pledge 4 testnet servers. Could you elaborate on how you came to this number?

HashQuark-Authority-Node0 120.132.22.222:8090
HashQuark-Follower-Node1 23.91.96.218:8090
HashQuark-Follower-Node2 103.218.241.148:8090
HashQuark-Follower-Node3 23.248.163.68:8090

(NK04)
You also mentioned developing a Java client. You do know there is a Java client for all factomd/walletd endpoints, including pluggable logging, pluggable json, Java Standard Edition, Java Enterprise Edition, Spring (boot) and Android, offline signing and soon IoT support available right? See https://factomprotocol.org developers section.
Multiple clients is good, but given the state of development of Factom related clients and infra I am not sure whether it wouldn't be best to work together on improving existing clients instead of creating 2 for the same language.

Yes, we do know that Factom offers quite a number of SDKs that are really helpful. But the truth is, we have been developing some projects leveraging Factom capabilities at quite an early stage, when no SDKs have been available. That’s why we developed a Java Client at that time.

Happy to hear your thoughts on that.

Secured
Hello Hashquark people,

One of my main concerns with applicants in your category, namely crypto funds / staking providers, is that you're juggling a lot of different projects. Expectations for being an ANO in Factom far exceed your typical infrastructure node in other cryptocurrency projects, for example, as pointed out by Niels, with regards to active governance.

Moreover, the three staff members you list in your application don't seem to be exclusively appointed to Factom. How do you currently prioritize between your different projects and how would you rank Factom in that regard?
Each and every partner means a lot to us and we’ll try everything we can to support each partner’s development.

Secured
If I'm correct (and I might be wrong), you have previously operated on the testnet under the name Wancloud.

Can you briefly discuss your connection to Wanchain and what's behind the change of entity applying for an ANO position.

Thank you.
Yes, you are definitely correct, but Wancloud has been renamed HashQuark now. Kindly check this article to know more about our connections: https://medium.com/@hashquark/wancloud-now-renamed-hashquark-152b31eb1548

And Wanchain is another team committed to blockchain technology that has nothing to do with HashQuark or WanCloud.

Secured
Thank you for applying to be an ANO! I'll likely have some specific questions later, these are simply questions I am asking all applicants.

1. Will you commit to, if elected, having, at the very least, the executives who will play a role in this ecosystem:
A. Signup for this forum with their username being First Name Last Name
B. Have a personal picture as their avatar.

It's not a requirement that this happen and some won't care but I personally will score those who won't commit to this a little lower and I want to be transparent about that.

2. Will you commit to having a logo created and/or submitted to this area within 30 days of your election (I would provide directions).

3. Will you commit to keeping this area updated for your team (it's easy).

4. Will you commit to providing at least a quarterly update on the progress your team is making in this area.

5. If you haven't already posted them within this thread, please provide the LinkedIn of anyone you mention as part of your team.

Thank you!
Yes for all.

Secured
Hello, HashQuark, thank you for application.
I ask this questions all ANO candidates:

1. With what efficiency are you going to operate?

2. If your efficiency is lower, than 60%:
2.1. What have you already pledged to the Factom? It's a good practice, when ANO candidates pledge works in advance before being elected.
2.2. Do you have an experience in running business? What kind of businesses it were? Please tell us more about it, so we can understand your strengths and what expect from your ANO if it will be elected.
2.3. What a minimum number of hours per week are you going to work for Factom? Do you commit it?

3. Do you participate in any other cryptocurrency projects? If yes, please reveal details.

Secured
Hello, HashQuark, thank you for application.
I ask this questions all ANO candidates:

1. With what efficiency are you going to operate?

2. If your efficiency is lower, than 60%:
2.1. What have you already pledged to the Factom? It's a good practice, when ANO candidates pledge works in advance before being elected.
2.2. Do you have an experience in running business? What kind of businesses it were? Please tell us more about it, so we can understand your strengths and what expect from your ANO if it will be elected.
2.3. What a minimum number of hours per week are you going to work for Factom? Do you commit it?

3. Do you participate in any other cryptocurrency projects? If yes, please reveal details.
We will operate with efficiency 60%, and HashQuark remains deeply involved in the building of a more enabling blockchain ecosystem, where it has joined multiple public blockchain projects as one of their genesis validators/supernodes, including Cosmos, IRISnet, Genaro, V SYSTEMS, CyberMiles and Cybex. See the link below:
https://www.hashquark.io/#/supernode

Secured
As Factom's first ANO applicant in Asia, we will continue to promote Factom in Asia as before. Including combine with Hashkey Group and Wanxiang blockchain labs to promote community development, and let more real economies in China to leverage the Factom protocol for greater efficiency.
Thank you for application.

Would you be able and willing to translate and maintain factomprotocol.org including all content into Chinese as part of your pledges?

Secured
Thank you for application.

Would you be able and willing to translate and maintain factomprotocol.org including all content into Chinese as part of your pledges?
As the first applicant from Asia, we will certainly do our best to promote this project. In our publicity campaign, we will call on more community volunteers to translate the website content into Chinese. In addition, an application from grant pool to set up a project to fund these translators will also speed up the work.

Secured
I've decided to ask all prospective ANOs the following:
  • What experiences do you have running dockerized applications?
  • What are some things you learned while running your testnet servers?
  • How have your ideas about mainnet infrastructure changed as you have become more familiar with running factomd?
Apologies if you have already answered one or more of these somewhere else.

Secured
Factomize will be supporting HashQuark.

1. They have already brought usage to the Factom Protocol.

2. They have been solid participants of testnet for months and demonstrated competency.

3. Hashquark is a strong blockchain player in asia, an area the protocol needs more exposure and uptake. Especially if we are to be a global utility.
wow, thank you very much. We will continue to do our best to promote Factom in Asia.

Secured
I've decided to ask all prospective ANOs the following:
  • What experiences do you have running dockerized applications?
  • What are some things you learned while running your testnet servers?
  • How have your ideas about mainnet infrastructure changed as you have become more familiar with running factomd?
Apologies if you have already answered one or more of these somewhere else.
We have deployed the HashQuark node on the factom test network with docker, and successfully become the authority node. You can see hashquark-testnet1 on fct.tools.

In the process, we not only managed to set it up, but kept up with the community to keep the nodes up to date.

If we can be selected as the ANO of mainnet, we will also keep in close touch with the community and keep abreast of the latest architecture changes of the mainnet.

Secured
Hi HashQuark,

Thank you for your application. I think the prospect of increasing Factom's exposure to and involvement in China is exciting.

Given that you involved with multiple public blockchains and acknowledging the demands Factom will make in terms of governance how do you consider that you will be able to give Factom the 24/7 support required with three team members? I would be interested to know what your plans are should one of the team members not be available because of other commitments or illness.

Secured
Hi HashQuark,

Thank you for your application. I think the prospect of increasing Factom's exposure to and involvement in China is exciting.

Given that you involved with multiple public blockchains and acknowledging the demands Factom will make in terms of governance how do you consider that you will be able to give Factom the 24/7 support required with three team members? I would be interested to know what your plans are should one of the team members not be available because of other commitments or illness.
We just list 3 team leaders in application form, while there are 35 members now in HashQuark and around 150 in HashKey Group. The 3 team leaders lead a professional devops team and a blockchain research team that will keep our supernodes online 24/7 and up to date with the community.